Skip to content ↓

Pupil Premium

What is Pupil Premium?

Did you know… just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money? Register now and support the school in receiving funding. This funding supports the school and your child. For example, for those children whom the school receives Pupil Premium funding for the school fund part of all educational visits.

More details about how we spend the funding can be found in the Strategy document at the bottom of this page.

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered Seaton Primary School gets £1300 this year.


How does it work?

  1. First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, the criteria for pupils eligible can be found here. Qualifying for free school meals gives access to the pupil premium, full details for eligibility can be found here.
  2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact school who will help you to register.
  3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £400 a year), and the school gets £953 extra.
  4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £953 extra.

No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.

Please talk to us about registering your child today.

Do you qualify?

You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

Come and talk to us if you’re not sure.

How do I apply?

Just fill in the application form on Devon County Council’s website and follow the instructions there.

Alternatively, come into school and we can help you fill it out.